What is the application deadline?
We are NOT currently accepting grant applications. Grants are open for submission from March 1-April 1, and again from August 1- September 1 each year. For emergency requests or questions, please contact us at (406) 926-1519 or email LOI@highstakesfoundation.org.
Are you an...
Is your organization doing work with....
General Funding Guidelines
Funding Priorities: We have always worked on systems change and will continue to do so by funding organizations focused on social justice, rural economic development, climate change solutions, and local food systems. How does your work fit into creating present and future change that can make our place more equitable, sustainable, and resilient?
- If your organization received a grant from the High Stakes Foundation in the previous year, we would appreciate a brief update on your program prior to submitting an LOI. Click here for instructions: Year-End Reports to High Stakes
- Activities supported by grants and program-related investments must be charitable, educational, or scientific, as defined under the appropriate provisions of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and Treasury Regulations or fit the requirements for program-related investments according to the IRS. The foundation monitors grants through regular financial and narrative reports submitted by the grantee. All grantees will enter a grant agreement with HSF.
High Stakes Foundation does not fund:
- Organizations that are NOT described as 501(c)3 non-profits
- Capital campaigns
- Projects initiated or mandated by any order of government
- Political lobbying
- General social service organizations
- Research studies including species and habitat studies even if they fall within our climate change penumbra
- Religious organizations
- Hospitals or medical clinics
How to Apply
Click below for information on how to apply.
After reviewing your application...
Further questions contact: