What is the application deadline?
Our yearly Grant Application Deadlines are April 1 and September 1. If you have any questions in advance of applying, please contact our Grant Administrator Megan Robson at (406) 926-1519
Are you an...
Organization described in section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code?
Is your organization doing work with....
General Funding Guidelines
- If you have received previous grants from High Stakes Foundation, we may ask that you take a year off from time to time to demonstrate your organization’s financial stability.
- We generally will not fund capital campaigns.
- Grant dollars will generally range from $1,000 to $30,000. If you have a project that needs greater funding and it won’t exceed 10% of your budget, talk to us.
- No grant award shall exceed 10% of an organization’s total budget.
- If your organization received a grant from the High Stakes Foundation in the previous year, we would appreciate an update on your program prior to submitting an LOI. Click here for instructions: Year End Reports to High Stakes
- Activities supported by grants and program-related investments must be charitable, educational or scientific, as defined under the appropriate provisions of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and Treasury Regulations or fit the requirements for program related investments according to the IRS. The foundation monitors grants through regular financial and narrative reports submitted by the grantee. All grantees will enter a grant agreement with HSF.
High Stakes Foundation does not fund:
- Organizations that are NOT described as 501(c)3 non-profits
- Capital campaigns
- Projects initiated or mandated by any order of government
- Political lobbying
- General social service organizations
- Research studies including species and habitat studies even if they fall within our climate change penumbra
- Religious organizations
- Hospitals or medical clinics
How to Apply
Click below for information on how to apply.
After reviewing your application...
After reviewing your application, we may invite a full proposal or simply proceed with a site visit. We site visit all applicants who have made it through our initial screening procedures. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A FULL PROPOSAL with your application. We are endeavoring to keep your focus on your organizational goals and not burden either you or the HSF with extra work.
Further questions contact: